TIPS FOR TEETH WHITENING
Before I started to study Dentistry I have always been wondering what should I do for my teeth to look white, clean and healthy, as nothing can beat a beautiful smile. Today, when I was looking for a topic for our blog, I thought maybe it is what you are thinking about as well, so let’s get into it; 10 top teeth whitening tips 🙂
A social skill as well as a crucial first impression tip, having white teeth shows to a great extent of your self-care, and indicates you like to look great. It’s always a privilege to have a bright smile. That’s why all of us thinking about a nice bright smile 🙂
- 10 tips to have a brighter smile
1. The basic Oral Hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day, and floss daily.
2. Coffee, tea, food with lots of soy sauce or curry, red wine and smoke will stain your teeth heavily. if you can not avoid them, It’s important to rinse your mouth for 30 seconds with water after eating and/or drinking these items or smoking.
3. Toothpaste containing peroxide which is the ingredient for teeth whitening. It’s safe but it may cause tooth sensitivity for a few days.
4. Dental trays and home whitening kits which recommend 20 minutes at least 3 times a week, with high peroxide levels, are considered one of the most effective methods to help you for whitening your teeth
5. According to the Distinct Dental Centre, whitening toothpaste may help to lighten your teeth by one shade, while whitening at dental practice will lighten them by 3 –5 shades.
6. Tooth whitening dental floss with Fluoride and Peroxide will be also helpful when you are using whitening toothpaste as well.
7. Limit your sugar intake, A diet high in sugar increase the load of oral bacteria, which causes plaque (food debris), and gingivitis (gum inflammation).
8. Plaque (food debris) feeds on regular sugar but cant digest xylitol. Chew gum, as it increases your saliva which helps clean your mouth, but chew gum with xylitol(sugar-free) to prevent plaque buildup.
9. Malic acid is a natural tooth whitener that exists in fruits such as strawberries. Therefore eat berries and also apply the pulp to your teeth for a few minutes.
10. Always read and follow the instructions before starting any tooth whitening products.